At our meeting on Thursday night we agreed to donations of £1,000 each to seven local groups, organisations & charities.
Here is the list of groups with links to their websites:
1. Ark Franklin Primary Academy – Building raised timber planting boxes in the school garden
2. Brent Centre for Young People – Cost for 2 young people to undergo Adolescent Exploratory Therapy
3. Friends of Salusbury School – Providing more green and Astroturf areas in the playground
4. Queen’s Park Junior Singers – Contributing towards cost of making an audio recording of The Happy Prince
5. Real Action – Teacher training costs (1 teacher) to give Butterfly Literacy training to volunteers
6. Salusbury World – Mini bus hire & petrol for the annual outing and contribution towards the Winter party for 90 refugee children
7. Shakespeare in the Squares – towards the production costs of performing Much Ado About Nothing in Queen’s Park in Summer 2016
QPARA is a not for profit organisation. If, at the end of each financial year there are surplus funds, we invite applications for donations from these from local charities, groups and not for profit organisations in line with our aims to support the local community.