The LMG Practice Manager has asked local groups to post information about changes to appointment booking because of the Coronavirus (Covid-19). LMG also serves patients previously with Blessing and Park House practices.
To protect patients from cross-infection, and keep LMG staff healthy, they are seeking to minimise face-to-face visits to the surgery. The telephone triage system successfully launched last year for same-day consultations is being extended to routine appointments as far as possible.
Full information is available on the LMG website lonsdalemedicalcentre.nhs.uk – which will be updated regularly as the situation evolves. But the key elements are:
- If you think you have the symptoms of CV (a temperature above 37.8C or a new dry cough) DO NOT go to the surgery, the Urgent Care Centres or A&E; look at the online 111 site for advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ ; or if you can’t do that, call 111 (which is likely to be very busy!)
- If you have already booked a GP appointment, DON’T go to the surgery, but wait for a Doctor to call you, to see if your issue can be resolved on the phone
- For future appointments, please look first online (via Patient Access or any other App you use) to book a telephone call (same-day or future date) from a GP
- Failing that, call the surgery and explain your issue briefly to one of the trained receptionists, who will book you a GP call-back (same-day or future date)
- A face to face appointment will then be arranged if needed
LMG is also posting advice on its Facebook page (link at the bottom of the Home Page) and its website has a translate facility into dozens of languages (Translate button bottom right of the Home Page)
Stay well, everyone!