The application has been granted £45,000 which is enough to reach the target. The work can now go forward.
An application has been submitted to Brent Council for a grant for improvements for the sandpit play area in Queen’s Park. The decision on this will be made by local residents following presentations at a “Decision Day” event.
You can support this in two ways:
- Go to the Decision Day event at St Augustine’s High School, Oxford Road, NW6 5SN. This is on the 18th June, from 13.00 to 15.30. The event is free, but you need to book tickets at: Tickets for Kilburn & Kensal Rise Decision Day.
- Sign the petition at: Petition to support funding for play area.
More information is available on the Brent Council website: You Decide.
- The money for this comes from the Community Infrastructure Levy (sometimes referred to as “Section 106 “) from developers, not general Council income.
- Go here for more information about the Brent Community Infrastructure Levy.
- The City of London Corporation Open Spaces Department does not have a pot of gold.